100 Getaways Around The World, A Collection of Heavenly Hideaways, Taschen Books
When traveling for business we often prefer hotel rooms of the same type in London, Paris, or Shanghai. It’s just more convenient. A different set of rules applies when we search for a place to celebrate a special family holiday, a weekend with a new lover or a few days of blissful solitude with some great books. Suddenly a balcony with postcard-worthy views counts more than the number of TV channels a sumptuous bed with a heavenly mattress and hand-ironed linens more than Wi-Fi connection in every nook and cranny of the hotel building.
That’s where this new TASCHEN collection comes in. A compilation of 100 hotels in countries from Abu Dhabi to Vietnam, the two volumes make it a breeze to choose where to relax on your next venture. The gamut runs from dream castles like Villa Feltrinelli on Lake Garda to the glass-fronted hipster chic of Juvet Hotel in Norway; from Mediterranean pensiones with nostalgic flair and moderate rates to the pricey-yet-worthy desert glamour of Amangiri resort in Utah’s canyon country. Even dedicated web scouts will be tempted by this book to cuddle up on their sofa for a round of paper traveling. While fans of interior design might use it as an inspiring global selection of splendid sofas, beds, lights, and bathroom features.
- 100 very special hotels and guesthouses all over the world
- From bed & breakfast basic to six-star luxurious
- Selected by TASCHEN’s style and travel department according to criteria like stylistic harmony, location, service, and cost-performance ratio
- Each hotel comes with a reader-friendly chart listing the number of rooms, current prices, type of cuisine, amenities, plus the all important X-factor: the feature that makes staying there a truly ProductBookunique experience
- The full scope of contemporary travel in two neat volumes, coffee table-sized and with countless glossy photographs
“This is a true bible for those with wanderlust and wanting inspiration for travel or even interior design… Whatever your mood or pocket, this guide has it covered.”
— Food & Travel, London
“With 100 new places to pore over, this two-volume, hardcover book has put an end to the hopelessly vast internet holiday search.”
— Irish Tatler, Dublin
Size: 24 x 31.5cm
Pages: 720 Pages
Format: Hardcover, 2 Volumes in Slipcase
Editor: Margit J. Mayer, Taschen Books